Sure Start South Armagh currently has 3 fully trained 'The Mongan Method' Hypnobirthing practitioners who deliver 5 week programmes to couples interested in learning how to birth in a more relaxed and stress free environment for mother and baby.
- Hypnobirthing programme runs for 5 weeks in total
- 2- 2.5 hours per week
- Hypnobirthing book will be provided
What is hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing will help you learn how to birth your baby comfortably and calmly.
Along with your birth partner you will learn to experience birthing in a safer , stress-free manner.
Through self- hypnosis, special breathing and visualization, Hypnobirthing teaches you to release fear and to trust your body’s ability to birth instinctively. With hypnobirthing you will not be in a trance or sleep state - you will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
Advantages of Hypnobirthing;
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and hence pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Shortens labour
- Leaves mother alert, fresh awake and with energy after birthing
- Helps parents to become impowered with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth bonding
- Teaches breathing techniques that allows a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without physical pushing